Saturday, August 3, 2013

The I-395 Skateboard Park

You never know what you might come across when you take a walk in our Capitol Hill neighborhood. It was reasonably decent outside last evening after dinner so we decided to take a walk towards the Navy Yard. I had heard about a skateboard park somewhere around here, and our grandson has been there a few times, but it never dawned on my exactly where it was located. The entry ramp to the I-395 freeway is only three blocks away, and underneath it is this space filled with art and ramps for skateboard fanatics. Above us could be heard the loud, vibrating sound of cars passing by overhead. It almost sounds like the place will collapse under all the weight. Underneath, however, is a haven for those who get lost in the experience of this "daredevil" sport. On this evening there was a lone participant. I actually thought the art was more interesting. But then, I'm not a huge skateboard fan. But it's nice to know there is a place for it if you are so inclined. 





No comments:

Post a Comment