Saturday, August 10, 2013

In Search of the new Coast Guard Headquarters

My Dad was in the Coast Guard for twenty one years and is a World War II veteran. In the news this week was mention of the new Coast Guard Headquarters in southwest DC. I thought it might be a nice idea to see it and send him a few photos. I looked up the address, but didn't really pay much attention to it - only that is was near the Titanic Memorial. On our way home from errands this afternoon, we tried to find the new place. Obviously, we found the old place because it was empty and there were cobwebs all around. And it looked really old.  For whatever reason, I simply could not find the address of the new location and am not familiar enough to know exactly where St. Elizabeth's is. So, we just came home and decided to try again another time. That just goes to show you that even with all these new wayfinding devices they didn't do me any good today. But then again, I'm sure it had something to do with the user. 


No comments:

Post a Comment