Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Cheap Saturday Night Date at Chick-fil-A

I love the Chick-fil-A road signs. The cows are doing everything they can to sway your tastebuds away from hamburgers to anything chicken. Last year I went to a restaurant with my coworkers near Culpeper, Virginia after a morning tour at the Library of Congress Moving Pictures and Sound Packard campus site. I thought my husband might like to try it out one of these days. While on the road from Florida back to DC and to Florida from DC, we stopped in I think South Carolina somewhere to have lunch. I think he liked the change of pace...and he loves fried chicken every once in awhile. Yesterday we were in the mood to go for a ride, and decided it was time for a Chick-fil-A boost. So we headed toward Rockville and needed directions on how to order once we figured out where the line started. I don't know how they figure out what table to deliver the food, but we had a feast of greasy French fries and chicken sandwiches - and of course a healthy side salad. It was very busy, being a Saturday night. We left the house at 4:30 or so and got back home more than two hours later. The traffic was ridiculous on the freeway and near Georgetown. Was it worth it? Yes! But I now remember why we rarely go out for dinner on a Saturday night - even if it's nice outside. 




No comments:

Post a Comment