Friday, February 26, 2016

First Street Atomic Talking Watch

always look at First Street products for my mom. If there is anything I can do to make her life and living surroundings more comfortable I will. She recently asked if I could find and send her a watch with a large dial, so she could easily see it. There was a really nice watch that not only had a big face, but it talks to you. If you press a button, it not only tells you the time, but it also tells you the date, the day of the week, and the year. I'm beginning to think I could use something like that. Since I retired this month, I really need to think hard about what day it is - and then need to remind and pinch myself that I don't have to go to work anymore. It still hasn't registered. Anyway, this watch has four buttons and they all do something different. There is an alarm, an hourly chime, and it resets itself for daylight savings. The only problem was is that it was difficult to get it going. The neighbors needed to take it home, study the directions, and set it up for her. So I asked her how it was working. She said the band was too large and some of the links needed to be removed. Nothing is ever easy anymore. But as long as it works, I guess it will do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment