Monday, August 9, 2021

52frames_linefromasong

The 52Frames photo challenge this week was more interesting, but not necessarily in a good way. We needed to combine a song lyric with an image. So I wrote down several options starting with John Denver “looking for space.” My idea was to go to the newly reopened air and space museum and find Neil Armstrong’s space suit. Well, that was thwarted when the lines to get it were more than we could stand. This is probably one of the more popular Smithsonians and there was always a line to get in when we lived on Capitol Hill. I was ticked off as we walked down towards the US Botanic gardens. There was a song by Mariah Carey about butterflies and there was an interesting bench. On our way to the car we stopped in the Smithsonian Castle. There was a huge thumb that reminded me of The Rolling Stones “Under My Thumb.” Then we walked over to the carousel because of a song by Arthur, Hurley and Gottlieb called Time Carousel. I heard it in the Rathskeller on the FSU campus when I was a freshman and it stuck with me. Then I thought of Coldplay’s “Yellow” and searched for all things yellow. There was also another Coldplay song “Let’s Talk” - you can take a picture of something you see….. that would cover just about anything, including flowers. In the end it took 66 tries to get the magic carpet ride by Steppenwolf a reality. My husband helped as he held the tiny mobile made out of burlap, acorns, felt and pipe cleaners in the sunset on our balcony. The mobile is 44 years old. I got it for my husband when we first met because it reminded me of the place he is from - Iran. There, they have a lot of Persian carpets underfoot, and maybe even a few that fly. I was happy with the result if nothing more than for sentimental reasons. I’ve been wanting to use the mobile for a photo challenge and this was a great excuse. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment