Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Amazon Merch Japan

I’ve been painting custom pet portraits for about ten years. It started with an Etsy shop. Once the images were created using my iPad as the canvas, they were uploaded to other websites. From there, all sorts of merchandise can be created using my paintings. Zazzle, Fine Art America/pixels, Redbubble and my own website showcase my work. I also have a shop on Amazon called LITs Pooches, Kitties, and Other Sweet Faces. I’ve had some luck selling mostly tshirts in the US market - because all other markets required setting up in the specific language. So the only other marketplace was The UK. In July I received a notice that Amazon would begin selectively posting items in the other marketplaces - they include Germany, Italy, France and Japan. The idea is to give more exposure to your work. And, everything would be translated. I’ve been watching my feed to see if and when any of my images would be converted. Yesterday I noticed the first few items in Japanese. It looked really good! There were several pooches - the American Eskimo, borzoi, German Shepherd, and Black Lab. I’m not sure what algorithm is used to determine which images are used, but do like the fact that they are getting more exposure. Unfortunately for me the Merch site does not support iPads - just lap and desk tops. Since my laptop died a couple of months ago I can no longer add new images. Maybe I’ll change my mind about getting a laptop but I haven’t needed it except for this reason. Maybe one of these days they will change their approach. Anyway, I was happy to hear about this new option. Now let’s see if it makes any difference! 














No comments:

Post a Comment