Thursday, August 5, 2021

American History Museum

My favorite Smithsonian museum is American history. The first time I visited was with my sister when she was in college in DC. I was in high school on a journalism trip to New York. I loved the First Ladies dresses and have visited this exhibit many times before and after we moved to DC. Last week we drove in to town for the purpose of taking photos for the 52Frames weekly challenge, and Edith Roosevelt’s dress photo turned out well. Aside from the First Ladies gems there are so many other things to see - White House place settings, President section, Judy Garlands ruby slippers, Julia Child’s kitchen, Carl Yastrzemski’s hat, a host of vehicles and water craft through the ages. When we left the museum we walked back to the car and stopped in the National Gallery sculpture garden. The fountain was dancing and the kids were having lunch with squirrels and ducks. After that we saw an albino squirrel on the national mall. You couldn’t miss him! It was a nice outing and we had a lovely time. Unfortunately I didn’t get to pay attention to my surroundings as much as I would have liked. It’s as if I have tunnel vision when I’m in search of the best photo op. It’s nice to know we can always come back for another visit. 

































No comments:

Post a Comment