Monday, August 16, 2021

52Frames_Night Photo Challenge

I really didn’t like the photo challenge at all this week. Maybe it’s because all I have is an 8 Plus iPhone for my camera and the subject was night. That usually means very grainy images. But I tried my best under the circumstances, even getting another app called Slow Shutter that might help with low light, motion blur, or light trail. Having terrible rainy and stormy weather didn’t help either. I usually like to take photos on our morning walks rather than at night. So I started at our building using a makeshift tripod and tried a few things - a staircase, the building, waiting on the balcony trying to get a “light trails” shot of some car headlights. I wasn’t very happy with the results. Then we waited until Thursday - without rain - to take a ride to town and see what might work - a street scene on Pennsylvania Avenue, row houses, Neptune’s fountain in front of the Library, the Capitol reflecting pool. I ended up posting Neptune’s fountain and then changed it at the last minute to the reflecting pool. Since the subject was night, this image had more night than not. The highlights of going in to town was driving past the library where the Princess Bride was showing in the lawn in the near 100 degree heat, and the hundreds of ducks that were hanging around the pool. There was also an unusual police presence that we learned was for a funeral procession for a fallen colleague. It’s usually very quiet on Capitol Hill at night  - the flashing red lights made it less so. 













































No comments:

Post a Comment