Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Phillips Sonicare 4100 Protective Clean Electric Toothbrush

Things are pretty bad when getting an electric toothbrush is the most exciting thing to happen in a very long time. I’ve been studying the merits of having an electric toothbrush over a manual brush, then read about the top ten from several sources. It’s mind boggling to wade through all of the options. So I narrowed it down to oral B and Phillips Sonicare. The price range is also mind boggling - from very basic to gadgets that come with apps so you can track how well you clean your teeth over time. I have never owned an electric toothbrush - I suppose because my family never used them. I’m sure things have changed since the early days. I also asked our friend if they use and what kind and finally decided on a lower range Phillips Sonicare that does basic cleaning but also has a pressure sensor, 2 minute and 30 second timing beeps for each quadrant, and a low battery indicator. She used it three times a day and her husband, a dentist, used it twice. So for the first time last evening I tried an electric toothbrush and it felt weird. The sound reminded me of sitting in a dentist chair. Every time the stem of the brush accidentally rubbed on my teeth it felt awful - like a metallic noise. For someone who had TMJ surgery over forty years ago it brings back very bad memories. I was drooling all over the place. Maybe I need to start on the lower half first. The brush turns off at two minutes and it felt a lot quicker than it should. Supposedly the brush starts at a lower intensity and over two weeks works its way up to a “normal setting” so one can adjust to the whole experience. What is my verdict? I haven’t decided yet. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment