Friday, August 27, 2021

Power Out AGAIN

For the second time in two weeks, we lost power. It’s the third time in a year and the incidents always last about the same amount of time - which makes me wonder if there is a consistent problem with a particular circuit or zone. When we moved to northern Virginia from Capitol Hill over two years ago the first thing I asked when we were looking for our new condo was if the power ever went out. The answer was there was a generator back up. What they didn’t say was that the generator only works for the building and not for the specific units. So the hallways, etc are covered, but the inside of a unit remains out of luck. So I go to the dominion energy app and fill in the information. The status is supposed to be updated every fifteen minutes, but it never is. So the outage lasted from 4-8:30 PM. Luckily we had gotten sandwiches at the grocery store yesterday and had that for dinner. Thank goodness we didn’t put the oven on to cook a casserole. In the end it wasn’t a big deal but more of an inconvenience. I recharged my phone using my power back up, but also know we can get in the car if we need to. So we watched live tv on my phone for a bit, played video games on my iPad, and sat outside for a while - listening to the loud generator in the building next door that had lights on. At least the entire evening wasn’t ruined. There are storms expected over the next few days again and we won’t be surprised if it happens again. I just need to make sure our equipment is charged and try not to get annoyed. Once it becomes a habit you begin to know what to do, but it’s just happening too often. 








No comments:

Post a Comment