Monday, August 30, 2021

52Frames_Nostalgia

Where else could we go for this week’s challenge? There we were so many years ago, in front of the new color television set, with popcorn and eagerness - my brother, sister and I watched the Wizard of Oz. Who can forget the Wicked Witch, Toto and Dorothy? So last week we headed to the Smithsonian American History Museum to find Dorothy’s ruby slippers for the “nostalgia” 52Frames photo challenge. I took about twenty or more shots because the shoes are behind glass and the lighting is quite dark. The size five shoes were recently restored - with about 2400 sequins on each. “There’s no place like home” still gets me choked up when I think about the clicking heels. After that, we walked through another section of the museum that showcased Barbie, Mr. Peanut, and so many other treasures including Carl Yastrzemski’s Red Sox Red helmet. I wanted to get a shot of Neil Armstrong’s space suit, but unfortunately it was not on display at the newly reopened Air and Space Museum, although Scott’s Apollo 15 suit with moon dust was. On the way back to the car we stopped at the 1940’s carousel that has stood quiet since the pandemic to capture the dragon and the horses that have entertained so many on the National Mall. So it was a no brainer when it came to selecting the photo for the challenge this week. Both my husband and I agreed the red slippers were our hands down favorite. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment