Monday, July 29, 2024

52 Frames Water Weekly Photo Challenge

The subject for the 52Frames photo challenge this week was “water.” I wanted to do something that was more involved than I had originally thought. It started with a photo of the pond at the Smithsonian American Indian Museum. Then I placed that image on my iPad behind a bowl of water to get a distorted look. Then I turned it in to a long exposure shot. But that wasn’t enough. To bring it to life a Pyrex container filled with water, oil and dishwashing detergent - to create bubbles - was placed on top of the iPad with the converted image. The final composite was created with two layers. The top was made fifty per cent transparent and the lower layer was more defined and less intense in color and more moody. My husband liked this image best. There were a few alternatives from the Lyndon Johnson memorial grove, a rainy day shot of the building across our condo, and some leaves in the neighborhood park. One of those was actually liked more on instagram. But to be true to my desire to actually create a project we preferred this one. I love editing the images more than taking the photos. Sometimes it all comes together. I hope this is one of those times.   
















No comments:

Post a Comment