Monday, July 22, 2024

52Frames Shape With Light Weekly Photo Challenge

The subject this week for the 52Frames photo challenge was “shape with light.” I wasn’t thrilled about it because I didn’t have any idea what I was going to do. Luckily the sun was bright and the idea of putting objects behind the shade in the dining room came to mind. I tried a variety of glass objects but ended up liking my hand holding up a banana wine glass. Many photos were taken as the sun moved across the sky and created interesting transparent images. But the original image was quite dull. So a composite was created using two layers of the same photo, but jazzing up the top image to look more vibrant. The coarse texture of the shade also brought in some interest. The last addition was a spark of sunlight on the glass. The warm glow and translucency looked good. There was an alternate photo of the tiny stuffed borzoi standing in front of the window, but my husband preferred the wine glass. After last week’s spoon challenge I was disappointed that the photo wasn’t selected as a top 52 because I had spent a lot of time on it and also got so many positive comments. You just never know. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment