Monday, July 15, 2024

52Frames Spoon Weekly Photo Challenge

The subject this week for the 52Frames photo challenge was “spoon.” So we went to the grocery store to pick up a pack of white plastic spoons. Anything silver reflects me and the iPhone so I needed another option. I almost cut my fingers breaking the stems off of the spoons. The idea was to try and make a spoon vase. That was a trick. First I tried glue but then realized thin strips of scotch tape would do. This was a serious craft project! The “vase” could also be used as a pineapple. But a real vase requires flowers, so the spoons were configured in to “daisy shapes” and the yellow center was taken from a real daisy garden. I also tried making the real daisy garden in to a spoon daisy garden. These same spoon daisies were used to create the spoon flowers for the vase. For the vase bouquet option a gold backdrop was added with a transparent leafy layer to add some depth. Then a black backdrop was tried and it looked regal. But eventually a plain white backdrop made most sense. The plastic spoon stems were removed and were replaced with painted in green stems that made the scene more real. A real spoon was added to the bouquet but was removed. I spent so much time on this composite image and kept making so many tweaks along the way. I think the end result actually looks more real than a project so I’m hoping it might do well this week. But one never knows until the comments come in and the selections are made. Each week starts with a lot of confusion regarding which way to go but by the end something finally pops in my head. I never know how it will end up until I get there. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment