Thursday, July 25, 2024

A Tribute to My Cousin

Last year about this time we traveled to New England. The purpose was to celebrate the life of my oldest cousin. She suddenly passed away the year before following surgery after a cancer diagnosis. It was all very unexpected. We were looking forward to resuming visits - aside from the zoom calls she scheduled once a month - once the pandemic subsided. That never happened. Since there wasn’t a funeral the family decided a get together would be in order. After the event everyone was given a plant - the kind she liked to have growing in her home. It was a sweet gesture. The plant survived the trip home and was transplanted in to a little container where it joined the other greenery above the TV. At the time I also made a photo keepsake of the plant and the person it represented. Every time I look at it I think of Judi. She was always so positive and encouraged all of the cousins and was proud of all of the accomplishments. And she was especially kind to my parents. Now it’s been a year since we got Judi’s plant and it has done well. It’s been a year now - another reminder to celebrate her life. 










No comments:

Post a Comment