Sunday, July 21, 2024

Walkhero House Shoes

For no known reason my heels started to hurt when I stood up over a month ago. Luckily the right heel pain subsided but the left heel got worse. When I looked up the cause it sounded like it was plantar fasciitis. So now I am doing daily exercises specific do this condition, icing and massaging the foot with an ice water bottle, wearing a sock splint at night for as long as I can stand it, wearing a fixed immobilizer during the day and keeping my foot up for as long as I can stand it, and trying to find the best walking shoe to absorb the shock of it all. It used to be walking wasn’t a problem but it is now becoming one. My house shoes were getting a bit worn down anyway so I searched for house shoes that might help with this situation and came across WalkHero. They supposedly have arch support and met my requirements of closed box toes and slip ons. Since my foot was really hurting the last few days I finally switched my old shoes to the new shoes. And I think they may make a bit of difference. I did automatically feel the arch support that took the weight off the back of the foot. This is really getting to be a tedious situation because once it starts to feel better it gets worse again. But it also seems a lot of people have the same problem. So I’ll keep up with the routine and hope for the best. I just hope we can continue to walk every day because it’s about the only exciting thing we do. It’s somewhat discouraging. 










No comments:

Post a Comment