Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Capturing a Dragonfly

They are really tiny - those little dragonflies that we find mostly while taking a walk in the neighborhood park. They are usually hanging around the foot bridge sitting on and flying about the rails. They buzz around and then land - but move too quickly to get a decent photo. One of the framers on 52Frames takes beautiful photos of these creatures. They actually come in two colors - sort of an aqua and a salmon color. His images are amazing. He uses macro lenses and the detail is breathtaking! My camera is my iPhone and there is little control I have over many of the functions - especially when the target is moving. So when we saw a couple of these critters swirling around the other day I took several photos - most of them completely useless. By the end it felt like the dragonfly knew what I was trying to do and he started to pose. These are the times when I wish I had real camera equipment - especially a macro lens. Not just for this purpose but for anytime you’d like to get a close up shot. So these two images are the best that I could do. I need to try a little harder next time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment