Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Replacement Sun Visor

It was eighteen year ago this month that we moved to Capitol Hill from the Midwest. After I retired from the Library of Congress we stayed on another three years until we found a condo we liked and moved to northern Virginia. Because it gets quite hot and sunny in DC’s urban jungle one of the first things I did was buy a sun visor. I’ve had it now for eighteen years. It is made out of straw and it can not be adjusted. I prefer visors to baseball caps because the baseball cap squishes my hair flat and I just look funny wearing one. Lately I have been getting ridge marks on my forehead after wearing the visor - and they last the whole day and it looks like I have dents in my head. That’s something I didn’t have to worry about when I was younger. So I searched to see what the options are these days and found a Furtalk visor that was adjustable, but also foldable - not that I’d ever use the foldable option. I tried it for the first time this week. It looks fine and feels fine. Now the indentation is a solid line rather than here and there. At least it’s not as obvious. So I kept the old one anyway - for now. I can’t believe we have been here eighteen years and it’s even more remarkable that the straw hat still looks as good as new - except for the ridges. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment