Sunday, July 14, 2024

Vive Health Soft Night Splint for Plantar Fasciitis

I don’t know how it happened but for over two months my heels started to hurt when I started to walk. The right heel improved but the left heel feels like a knife got stuck in it. Upon researching the issue it sounded like it was plantar fasciitis. And when talking to people it sounds like everyone has had it and that it takes a few months to get better. I also have access to Hinge Health that has a physical therapist available for help and comment. I’ve been using it for over a year for low back pain exercises. It has since been changed to cover plantar fasciitis exercises that I have been faithfully doing, along with icing and wearing a sock splint at night. But the sock splint didn’t help so I tried to find another sturdier type that would keep the foot in the appropriate position. The Vive Health soft night splint arrived and it was HUGE. I attempted to use it during the night and that lasted about five minutes. It looks like the boots people wear after surgery. Granted it it lighter and made from foam, but it is so claustrophobic I almost lose my mind thinking about it. Anything takes getting used to but this device is not one of those items. I decided to try it during the day when I’m sitting on the couch and it is a bit more tolerable, but then it gets overwhelming again. All I know is I don’t know how anyone could stand having their leg trapped in this or any other device twenty four hours a day. It seems like this issue will just take time to heal and/or I will just have to get used to the pain in my foot - along with all of the other irritating things that seem to be accumulating as we get older. 













No comments:

Post a Comment