Monday, July 16, 2012

Hill Rag Ad - LIT Digital Art & Such

I spent the weekend putting together some business cards that I want to publish in the classified ads in the Hill Rag, our local neighborhood newspaper. We like the Hill Rag because of the art on the cover, getting an update on real estate and events, and then hanging the publication in our TV room to actually enjoy the art. The neighborhood is full of dogs that we see, and cats that we don't see. The latest issue of the Hill Rag was filled with dog and cat photos. I personally like doing digital art around this subject matter, so decided to contact the Hill Rag for a quote to place an ad. The price is fairly reasonable for a three month run, so we'll see if it helps my hobby grow. I do get encouraged by the reaction I receive from friends and family when they see the art. The New Yorker selected my Borzoi art as a winner in the Eustace Tilley contest this year. Who knows? It's worth a try- I think. Someone asked me about the pricing for a project today. My website says $25 - $100 depending on the time and detail. I'm glad it's just a hobby, but it could be more entertaining than my real job!

No comments:

Post a Comment