Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sidewalk Construction

There has been a paucity of obvious construction projects in the neighborhood over the last month. But over the weekend I noticed all the no parking temporary signs posted along First Street, which is the path I take to walk to work. The signs were on the other side of the street (thank goodness). On Monday morning, the jack hammers were already fast at work ripping up the sidewalk and the curb. The sidewalk probably is one of the worst in the city, so it does need to be replaced. Plus, a new sidewalk makes the neighborhood look good! What I wanted to know was how long the noise and the loss of parking spaces last? Rarely do these things take just a few days. To my amazement, the signs posted gave the start and end dates for one week only. I'll believe it when I see it, but I have to admit that they are making excellent progress. But the weather has been wonderful so far this week, and tomorrow rain is expected. Let's hope everything stays on schedule and be happy that it is not the sidewalk in front of our house.
Walk here at your own expense

Just one week?

They probably need to do the other side too

Historic Capitol Hill red brick

Let's hope they are done by Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment