Monday, January 3, 2022

52Frames Break the Rules Photo Challenge

The 52Frames photo challenge was difficult for me last week. It was about “breaking the rules” - either in some form of behavior or breaking a photography rule. Since I never studied the rules of photography I really didn’t know where to start. So I looked them up to get an idea about what they are - and how I can break them. We first started out in the neighborhood park where I asked my husband to pose backwards - we put his jacket on the opposite way so the back of his head faced front. It was interesting. But I wanted to try something else too. So we went in to town and took a walk around the Capitol grounds. We first parked in our old neighborhood and started at the US Botanical garden. I tried several slow shutter and overexposed options. Somehow they didn’t feel like I was breaking the rules. Then I quite accidentally discovered how to take sort of double exposure images. The images weren’t great but I learned something new by mistake! I’ll need to perfect that technique. Then I tried several different angles of the Capitol building - a lot of them reflections in the pool. After we came home I started to edit the options. None of them looked very appealing. So I ended up submitting the first photo of my husband. You’re not supposed to place the subject in the center - rule of thirds; he’s facing backwards - a no no; and I much prefer color photos - I made up my own rule. This week is self portrait. UGH!


























No comments:

Post a Comment