Thursday, January 27, 2022

Oven Porcupines

We haven’t had this dish since we moved to DC almost 16 years ago. I was looking at old saved recipes and thought it might be time to try one that I remembered we both liked. It’s called oven porcupines. Essentially they are meatballs that have a few things mixed in and then are baked in the oven for an hour. So we got all the ingredients we needed at the grocery including a pound of ground meat for $10. Since my husband does most of the cooking it felt weird that I was actually making dinner last night - although he was right there helping - or checking up on me! Anyway, we added all the required stuff to the meat, mixed it up and made the meatballs. Then we mixed the tomato sauce, water and Worcestershire sauce together and poured it over the meatballs, threw it in the oven and voila!! All it needed was a vegetable, salad, and bread. The meatballs were as delicious as we thought and we have enough for at least two more meals. I suppose it does feel good to make something that is edible. Maybe I should do it more often? 
















No comments:

Post a Comment