Sunday, January 2, 2022

Closing Out an Email Account

I set it up for my mom many years ago. I got my mom an iPad very early on. Even though she was in her eighties, she embraced the new technology after an initial hesitation. We used it for almost daily communications and that meant I had to set up an email account for her. Now that she has been gone for almost two years, I decided it was time to close the account. Every once in a while I would receive a notice that someone tried to log in to that account. So I researched about what it means to close out email accounts and how it might or might not affect my accounts. After studying about it a few months ago and then again last week, it was time to do the unthinkable. Luckily I still have most of the email communications up to the very end. I still have a hard time reading cards and letters my mom sent over the years. The pandemic has made it more difficult to adjust to life without her - since our normal routines and diversions have all been disrupted. In the end I’m so glad we had the chance to share as much as we did. The one thing that keeps me in line is that I know everyone else has gone through losing their parents. I think the holidays make is most difficult. So when I sent a test message to see if I disabled the account correctly, the return email said the email address was no longer available. Sad. 









No comments:

Post a Comment