Friday, January 14, 2022

A Futile Attempt

This week’s weekly photo challenge is “hellofrom…”. For me, that would mean something from DC since we lived there for thirteen years. After spending a morning by the Lincoln memorial and Capitol, we went back the next day to see if I could get a better option at the reflecting pool. The prior day was quite sunny with good reflections in the pool. Yesterday was cloudy and grey. Rather than park in a timed parking space my husband sat in the car next to the US Botanic garden and reflecting pool while I tried to find a decent shot. I went back to where I was the day before but there were no seagulls or pigeons nearby for a close shot. So I kept taking what I thought were “ok” images of the Capitol somewhat reflecting in the pond. Every time I started to give up a bunch of birds would fly in. One of the seagulls appeared to be posing. All I all I wasted about thirty minutes. My husband is very patient! When I got home I was very disappointed in the effort. Not one of the photos were worth the trouble. I think I can safely delete them all. There was no amount of editing that could make any of them worth looking at. At least we got a ride in to town. That’s something we haven’t been able to do since the last snow storm and another one on the way. So I’ll have to use an image from the first day instead. That’s how it works out sometimes. 

































No comments:

Post a Comment