Sunday, January 23, 2022

In Search of Complementary Colors

Before I understood what the 52Frames photo challenge was really about this week, I took a lot of time taking pictures if things that I thought were complementary colors. I thought it meant two colors that just looked good next time each other. But when I read the description again and looked up a color wheel, I figured out I was really out of whack. So these are the losing images. Unfortunately one of them got a lot of likes and comments on my Facebook business page. I sometimes use that as a nudge to select a particular photo. It started out at the recycling bin when we were depositing glass bottles. The purple and rusty gold hinge on the bin looked great. Then the yellow scrambled eggs and the green spinach looked good. How about the gold and blue candy wrappers? Or the winter hat with the Pom Pom? Or maybe the pansie? But when I looked at the color wheel I realized that complementary colors were on opposite sides of the wheel - green/red; orange/blue; yellow/purple - with shades in between. So I had to start all over again. It’s really important to read the definition before taking photos. It’s all just for fun anyway. 












No comments:

Post a Comment