Thursday, January 6, 2022

The Capitol

We lived on Capitol Hill for thirteen years. I worked at the library of Congress for ten years. It was our neighborhood. After I retired we walked daily to one of our favorite places - the Capitol. Before that we walked there on weekends and for all the events held there - from rallies to concerts to funerals to Fourth of July fireworks. When I worked at the library I was able to see the new Capitol visitor center being built first hand - starting with the groundbreaking for the tunnel that would connect the two buildings. We went in two hard hat tours as the construction progressed. Then in the afternoon I’d take a daily walk to the Capitol through the tunnel. We went several times to the senate chambers to observe and went on several tours with friends from out of town. It is one of my favorites buildings. Before the snowstorm this week we went to our old neighborhood and walked about. These are some of my favorite photos from the morning walk. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment