Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Anker Power Pack

With the snow storm last week we lost power not only once, but twice. Our building has a generator, but only for the building - like hallways, elevators and parking garage. The units are left high and dry. It was one of the first questions I asked before we considered moving here. Well, it didn’t work out like we thought. It seems with every rainstorm last summer we lost power too. My little pen sized power pack barely gets us through one phone charge. So I decided it was time to get a larger power pack so we could feel comfortable the next time we lose power. So I got an Anker Power Pack and charged it up to the full amount. It’s supposed to be able to charge a phone at least five times. I’m hoping I never have to try it out. But watching a movie on the phone can be a good diversion when Wi-Fi and everything else is lost. I know we could always get in the car and charge up the phone, but that is rather inconvenient. We are expecting another storm this weekend. People in Virginia love their trees, but I draw a line when it comes to power lines and trees having experienced that disaster first hand in the Midwest. The first power outage was related to a circuit but the second one was because a frozen and snowy tree broke the line. The one nice thing about living on Capitol Hill was that our electrical was underground. It’s hard to believe they actually did something right. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment