Monday, January 10, 2022

52Frames Self Portrait

I’ve been participating in the 52Frames weekly photo challenge for over a year. Each week there is a different subject matter or photo technique that is highlighted. I’ve learned a lot about taking photos. My camera is my iPhone 8 Plus, so my capabilities are quite limited. At the beginning of the year the subject is always self portrait - and not a subject that I particularly care for. I thought I would try a sort of double exposure technique I unexpectedly came across the other day. I tried a few times, but nothing really stood out. When we we lost power last week I had a lot more time to play around with it, but still didn’t like the outcome. Then I just got tired and flopped on to the bed. The lighting in the room was rather nice. So rather than use my iPhone, I picked up my iPad Pro - which arguably has a better camera - and tried a few shots over my head using portrait mode. I didn’t particularly like the color combination but the results were adequate. I showed the photos to my husband and asked him to pick out the image he liked best since none of them looked very good to me. I am looking forward to this week’s subject a lot more - but we need to be able to get out of the house to make it worth while. In the end 52Frames is a great diversion and one of the few things we can still participate in given the limited options we have to do anything these days. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment