Saturday, January 22, 2022

Tuna Sub

Tuna has always been my friend. I always liked it. Tuna was always a staple in our family. Then I learned to add more ingredients to it besides mayonnaise. Relish, onions, and hard boiled eggs were added to enhance a great sandwich. But tuna casserole was always the best. It didn’t matter who made it or what was in it. Whenever it was available at work, it was my choice for lunch. My husband also makes a great tuna casserole, but we haven’t had it in quite some time. Last weekend I had a hankering for a tuna sub from Listrani’s. There was going to be an ice storm later in the day, so we thought getting cold subs would be a good idea for dinner - especially if the power went out. The last snowstorm knocked out power not only once when the circuit went out, but twice - when a tree fell on the line. So we picked up an Italian and tuna sub early in the afternoon. The only problem when I had it for dinner was that the “special sauce” was missing. It just didn’t taste good. I tried adding a sub oil and hot peppers to it, but it just wasn’t good. So after all that planning I was pretty disappointed. Sometimes we get tuna from the grocery store. I may have to rely on that instead. Or, I could actually make my own. Isn’t that a clever idea?










No comments:

Post a Comment