Thursday, March 24, 2016

Cherry Blossoms at the Tidal basin

Even before we moved to DC, we visited the Cherry blossoms. But since we moved here ten years ago, we have never missed a season. We've worn winter coats because it was so cold, but today was just gorgeous. We actually walked all the way down to the tidal basin from our house, walked all around it for the first time, and walked all the way back. I don't think I'd want to do that every day, but the weather was picture perfect, the crowds were manageable, and the scenes kept our interest. Each year I need to get the requisite Washington Monument and Jefferson Memorial backdrops. It's not uncommon for us to walk, and then drive around here at different times of the day - especially sunset. But I think we will skip the Easter Day crowd and head to more secluded and out of the way places to see these lovely trees. I think this is the busiest time of the year in the city. You can see why. 











No comments:

Post a Comment