Monday, September 26, 2011

Men in Black

I usually take a mid afternoon walk to get out of the office and away from my desk. I have a tendency to sit and stay in one place much too long. The Madison Building takes up a full city block and is one of the largest Federal buildings in the country. Walking around on eight floors equals about 1 and 1/2 miles. So, with walking to and from work, coming home for lunch, and walking the halls in the afternoon, I'd like to think that I get a reasonable amount of exercise in. You never know who you will run in to along the way. I did not recognize anyone in particular in this bunch, but was amazed at the fact that they all pretty much looked the same... all in dark suits. The casual uniform, particularly during the summer months, is khaki pants and a buttoned down collar blue shirt. Now that it is officially fall, the uniform has also changed to more "formal" wear. It just seems that wearing a jacket and tie is overkill. But I guess that is why the guy at the shoe shine place is doing so well.
All in black except for the lady in white

By the time I took this photo, several had turned the corner

Only to see them again on the other side

This is the elevator I took when I came here for my interview

No comments:

Post a Comment