Sunday, December 20, 2015

A Very Special Christmas Wreath

This will be the first Christmas without my dad. But that doesn't mean we won't still remember or think about him. He always had the Christmas spirit in his own quiet way. He and I would get the Christmas tree around my birthday, leave it outside for a few days, and then bring it in to decorate. He always strung up the lights. That was a long time ago, and for the last many years I always sent a small decorated live tree with lights to my parents. My mom still got one this year. So today, we went to American Plant in search of the perfect wreath to place on his grave at the military cemetery. Not wanting to be too outlandish, we selected a smaller sized wreath with some added elements - pinecones and berries - and selected just the right simple red ribbon. A bow maker created a six leaf bow and tied it to the top. We sprayed the wreath with a greenery preservative and got a little stand to place it on. Let's hope it survives the trip and looks as nice as it does today. Santa Claus was also at the shop wearing a beautiful red suit. He asked me what I wanted for Christmas. All I could say was health and happiness, which is quite a lot when you think about it. Thinking of you Dad!





No comments:

Post a Comment