Friday, December 11, 2015

Downton Abbey Season Six Preview and Cast Q and A at GW Lisner Auditorium

First it was a visit to Highclere Castle in England, then it was a trip to Winterthur in Delaware to see the costumes, and last night it was an opportunity to see the Downton Abbey season six premier episode with a follow up Q and A session with the actors. It was a treat indeed! My friend gave us tickets for my birthday. She was going out of town and didn't want them to go to waste - So they didn't! We hopped on the metro and headed to GW University to the Lisner Auditorium. We arrived much earlier than the program started and it was already packed. The string quartet could hardly be heard - and they were playing masterpiece theme songs - including Midsomer Murder. I have to say I honestly prefer watching the show on my couch in the comfort of my home, but it was obvious everyone in this audience was in love with all things Downton. I was hoping to see a couple of the lead female cast, but it was more male oriented, along with the costume designer. My husband actually yawned out loud half way through in spite of the fact that he actually likes this show. On the way out we grabbed a poster, and meandered back through the crowds. It was an interesting evening. Sometimes it is better to never really meet or hear actors talk as it changes the whole impression one has of them. I found one character extremely annoying and full of himself, but most were very professional and fun to see and hear. Thanks M for the tickets! It's made for a great finale our Downton Abbey experience. I wonder what will take its place?








No comments:

Post a Comment