Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Special Christmas Card

It is unusual to receive "hard copy" cards anymore in the mail. Most everything is on line. But there is always one card that has arrived every year since I can remember. This one happened to be both a birthday and Christmas card combined, and had a picture of a pooch on it. This person knows me well! I've saved just about every one of these greetings and this will be no exception. There used to be two names on it, but now there is only one. Since we lost my Dad in June, my mom has soldiered on. Even though she is in her nineties and has an iPad, this envelope with the familiar but shakier handwriting means more than ever. So I'm thankful that she is still with us, and we are looking forward to seeing her very soon. Thanks Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment