Thursday, October 18, 2012

Dry Bar

As we were driving down Wisconsin Avenue in Georgetown on our way to an appointment in Chevy Chase, a big yellow vision came in to our view. It looked like a huge hair dryer sitting on a flat bed truck. And then I remembered reading something about a new hair salon that was coming to DC, and would be located on Wisconsin Avenue. Apparently, the "dry bars" are for those who only need a shampoo and a blow out. The concept started in California. I know I sometimes think the hairdresser does a better job completing the job after the cut and style. But I'm generally able to get the hang of it after a couple days. I suppose anything goes, and if you have $35-40 to spend on something like this.... But you still need to get there, make an appointment, or maybe you can walk in too, and need to take the time to get it done. I must be missing something. Or maybe, my hair is just too short to require all these options - especially since I already have shampoo and a hair dryer. You can imagine what my husband thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment