Friday, October 19, 2012

London Eye

It was a very dark and rainy morning. When I put my rain gear on, I found two tickets to the London Eye in my pocket. What else would serve as better reminders of the trip we took to England in June? We went there to visit a friend who went to school with my husband. He had not seen him in about 50 years. We stayed with he and his wife in Buckinghamshire for a long weekend. And it rained, and rained some more. It was also the weekend of the Queen's Jubilee. The day after we arrived, we drove to London, and walked about towards the London Eye. Because our hosts had been on this thing so many times before, they thought it might be a good way for us to actually see the city - and it was. Now I know why the British explored the globe - to get away from the dreadful weather. I don't think I could stand living in a place with such overcast skies. Once in awhile is hard enough for me to endure, but this is ridiculous. In spite of that, the trip was delightful. I always like going to places where we know someone, and luckily we do... in France, Iran, Denmark, Sweden, and Canada. And there is something very warm and sunny in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment