Monday, June 10, 2024

52Frames Line From a Song Photo Challenge

The subject for the 52Frames photo challenge this week was “line from a song.” I’ve done Rocket Man, Magic Carpet Ride, and I’m Looking Through You. So I checked my song tracks and listened to a few and thought Justin Timberlake’s “Mirrors” had some meaning. “It’s like you’re my mirror - my mirror’s staring back at me… I couldn’t get any bigger with anyone else beside me…and now it’s clear as the promise that we’re making two reflections into one.” A mirror would be a necessity so I took a photo of the round mirror in the bedroom and found another photo of the large rectangular mirror in the dining room. I had a nice photo of my husband from an event we had attended and then I took a selfie. A composite was made using all of the elements with the idea of showing three images - my husband, myself and us together with the exaggerated brown eye right in the center. That was accomplished by making the photos more transparent but also high key. The brown eye matched the frame as well. So one of the images was the round mirror and two others were using the rectangular image, black and white/sepia, one was high key - which I liked more; and the other was grungy and extremely detailed - which is the one my husband liked most. I ended up submitting the round mirror because it looked cleaner overall. I’m not sure how it will go over but it ended up being a nice portrait of us after being together 47 years. And I spent a lot of time getting it just right. 












No comments:

Post a Comment