Thursday, June 6, 2024

52Frames Magnolia Photo Trending

Ever since a fellow 52Framer sent a message to say that my photo was trending on the 52Frames website a few weeks ago I have been checking the website every day since then. And I’m glad I have! Since she told me, my weekly photos have been highlighted sometime during the week. There are three photos on the website that are updated and rotated at least daily. So yesterday it was such a thrill to see my magnolia image highlighted. Our friend from the Midwest told me about 52Frames about three years ago. And it has become a big part of our lives. The weekly photo challenges “dictate” where we might go for our morning walk depending on the subject matter. Last week the subject was “shoot with a phone.” Since I always shoot with my phone it was actually harder to figure out what that would be because the subject is quite broad. So we went to Old Town Alexandria where I found a miniature magnolia. Using the magnolia as the backdrop the bubble technique was done. Taking a Pyrex container, filling it will water and oil and a few drops of dishwashing liquid the container was placed over the iPad with the photo showing from the photo stream. Then several images were taken with my phone as the bubbles moved across the flower. I’ve also learned a lot from this whole experience. It’s nice to have your image shown among the 2500 - 3000 submitted from around the world each week. I never knew about it and appreciate my fellow framer telling me. So when I see someone’s photo that I know trending I let them know too. 










No comments:

Post a Comment