Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Woven Histories Textiles at the National Gallery of Art

We hadn’t been to the National Gallery of Art for a while, so we decided to stop in on one of our morning walks on the National Mall. There was a textile exhibit I wanted to check out. Before we got in the building there was a cleaning crew working from a two level scaffolding. They were washing down the huge sculpture that sits on front of the main entrance to the east gallery building. It was a sight to see! The textile exhibit was interesting in that two of the photos I took were eventually used for my 52Frames weekly photo challenge. Of course, that meant we visited the gallery twice in two weeks because you have to take the photo during the week of the challenge. The colors and the textures of the pieces were varied and really intricate. I rarely stop to read about the works of art - I mostly meander around and take photos of the things I find most appealing. Then I’ll use the photos for this blog and the photo challenges. It’s so great to have this opportunity to discover new exhibits and visit whenever we like. I much preferred the quietness during the pandemic to the a crowds and bustle and hassle of the tourists and visitors now. But as long as we are able to visit we will and this is one good reason to take a ride in to town. 







































No comments:

Post a Comment