Monday, June 24, 2024

52Frames Portrait of a Stranger Weekly Photo Challenge

The subject this week for the 52Frames photo challenge was “portrait -of a stranger” - except this time the stranger part was optional for those folks who get very anxious talking to strangers. I did make a feeble attempt to meet a stranger, but wasn’t in the mood because it’s been much too hot! And I wanted to try a technique that I learned from a fellow framer so this would be a great opportunity. I took a front and side image of my husband and spliced them together. It created an interesting optical illusion. But there was something missing. Then I remembered that we had one photo of my husband’s father. So I took a photo of it and tried to create an image blending the front, side and whole. It was interesting to see the father and son shown at about the same age - usually you see father and son at a young age. This portrait captured the father and son at an old age. When I showed it to my husband he was taken aback - because he wasn’t expecting it. So I knew I did a good job. I never met my husband’s father because he lived on the other side of the world and passed away before we had a chance to visit the family. So technically he is a stranger. I really enjoyed working on this project. After all, a single photograph is rarely enough for me. I like to create another level and appreciate all of the new techniques I’ve learned since becoming a member of the weekly challenge almost four years ago. I’ll be interested to see the comments this week! 






No comments:

Post a Comment