Thursday, June 20, 2024

52Frames Trending Abstract Photo

I’m so thrilled to say that my photo was trending again on the 52Frames website! Ever since someone mentioned that a photo of mine was trending a few weeks ago I have been checking the site ever since - and to my surprise - my photos have appeared every week since then. It’s impressive because there are over 2500 submissions each week from all over the world. This week’s subject was “abstract” and I was really happy with my entry. It looks so much different than any of the others. I do spend a lot of time editing because it’s fun to do and I use procreate to help me along. So it’s not “just” a photo taken with a bit of editing. It’s actually a composite project using many layers and thinking through all of the options. I use Procreate to paint all of my custom pet portrait commissions and discovered the program works well for editing photos too. It’s all self taught and I am learning new things - by mistake - every week. I don’t think any of my photos would ever become top three for the week. Occasionally they get selected as a top 52 and sometimes they are noted on the instagram feed. I see it as a fun project to work on every week and my husband is such a great critic and makes the process all the more meaningful. So I want to thank 52Frames for showcasing my little part of the world. I’m not sure how these images are selected. I’m just happy to see the streak continue! 










No comments:

Post a Comment