Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Hirshhorn Art Museum Detour

We often times pass by the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden whenever we take a walk on the Mall. You can't help but see the sculpture pieces outside, but we rarely go in to the art museum. So today as we passed by we decided we would drop in and see what was new. To be honest, we never spend a whole lot of time gazing at and reading about whatever is on display. It's more of a quick walk through. My interest is to capture anything that seems remotely interesting so I can write about it and give a general impression. I actually find the architecture and the textures of the building more interesting then the art. The view overlooking the mall from the second floor is also more intriguing to me. So we walked around three floors and absorbed the surroundings. There were a few people milling about at this early Sunday time. This is probably the third time we have been to the museum since we moved to DC from the Midwest. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next exciting exhibit. Until then, we will enjoy the exterior art, and what my husband calls the "people museum."










No comments:

Post a Comment