Friday, January 8, 2016

DSW Shoes

When my husband says he needs a pair of shoes, that means he probably needed them a year ago. He starts to mention it here and there, and I know it will be about six more months before he actually looks. While we were in the Bethesda area yesterday for more unpleasant business, I asked him if he would like to stop by DSW while we were in the area. It was after Christmas, it was a Thursday, and it should be less busy than the weekend. We used to go to the DSW store in Milwaukee when we lived there with some success. And since he's been retired for awhile, the shoes he needs are easily found there. I was also on the lookout for some ballet type flats. So we headed to DSW and he immediately found what he wanted. The shoes always end up being exactly what he was looking for. I, on the other hand, have huge feet. When I was growing up, it wasn't "I'd like that pair of shoes" - it was "what do you have in my size?" And to this day, if I ever find something I really like in my size, I am amazed - although it is really less of a problem now. Of course, after Christmas was probably the worst time for me to find something because the large sizes stock was particularly low in all the styles. My husband found a pair he liked for me - rather traditional, but they fit well and are a step above a ballet flat. Regardless, the price can't be beat and it is usually worth the trip - even though it was a year after the idea came up. 





No comments:

Post a Comment